Current Corona Safety Measures
Due to the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, effective immediately and until further notice, visitors to all Salzwelten locations are subject to statutory behavioral and hygiene regulations. In this regard, we have taken this opportunity to provide answers to some of your most important questions. (Subject to change).
What safety regulations must we comply with while we visit the salt mines?
- Compulsory registration and presentation of a test result / vaccination certificate / confirmation of a Covid disease(For children up to ten years of age, the test result of the parents or a legal guardian applies, from the age of ten children need their own test result.)
- Validity of tests: Self-test with digital solution 24 hours, antigen test 48 hours, PCR test 72 hours
- Wear an FFP2 mask
- Keep a distance of at least 2 m
- Disinfect your hands
Do I have to wear a face mask during the entire visit?
The mask requirement applies to all indoor areas of all Salzwelten locations and also outdoors if the 2 m distance cannot be maintained.
Who has to wear a face mask?
All of our tour employees as well as guests ages six and up must wear a face mask.
Where can I disinfect my hands?
Disinfectant dispensers have been installed in the entrance area of all locations for the use of our visitors.
Here you can download the registration form in advance to print it out yourself. Of course, you can also fill out the form on site.
Test Stations on Holiday
Dear readers, for cable cars and sights around Lake Hallstatt and the Gosau Valley, the rules applies: Vaccinated. Tested. Recovered. We have summarised for you below, the most important testing opportunities in Hallstatt, Bad Goisern, the Gosau Valley, Obertraun and Bad Ischl. Please register online or by phone.
Test Stations for Bad Goisern
Bad Goisern on Lake Hallstatt
harmacy in the “Baumhaus”
on the Salzkammergut B145 main road near the Spar supermarket
Monday - Friday
8:00 - 12:00 hrs.
14:00 p.m. - 18:00 hrs.
8:00 - 12:00 hrs.
By appointment only, by phone or via the homepage of the “Baumhaus” pharmacy in Bad Goisern
Test Stations for Gosau
Phone: +43 (0) 6135 82 15
- Office hours
Monday - Wensday
13:00 hrs.– 15:00 hrs.
12:00 hrs. – 14:00 hrs.
Testen in Hallstatt und Obertraun
Test Stations for Hallstatt and Obertraun
- Sonja Gapp
Doctor’s Practice Hallstatt / Obertraun
Consultation hours Praxis Hallstatt
09:00 – 12:00 hrs.
09:00 – 12:00 hrs.
17:00 – 19:00 hrs.
09:00 – 12:00 hrs.
- Subject to changes
Test Stations for Bad Ischl
Important information about the openings on May 19th
3G applies to all tourism businesses: guests have access if they have been vaccinated, tested or recovered.
In order to avoid waiting times, please come to the catering trade already tested.
(No test requirement in retail and when picking up in restaurants because less than 15 minutes)
Upper Austria Tourism: www.oberoesterreich.at/service/aktuelle-information.html
Opening rules WKO: www.sichere-gastfreundschaft.at/#lp-pom-block-2481
1. Negative PCR test (valid for 3 days)
2. Negative antigen test from test street, pharmacy, etc. (valid for 2 days)
3. Negative controlled self-test (valid for 2 days)
4. School tests for access also apply to children
5. New from 19.5. Recognition of living room tests using a QR code (valid for 1 day): In addition to the five test kits per person from the pharmacy to date, every household will receive a pack of 20 test kits per month including QR codes from May 18th. Take a picture of the QR code and your negative test result. The confirmation will be sent by email or SMS. This is recognized as an entry test for 24 hours.
Vaccination: Proof by means of a vaccination certificate, vaccination card or printout. Valid from the 22nd day after the first vaccination.
Recovery: separation notice (up to 6 months after recovery), antibody test (up to 3 months nG)
Tests for domestic and foreign guests
- Please arrive with a test in your pocket (for foreign guests a corresponding test certificate is required when crossing the border)
- Rapid antigen tests can be carried out in public test stations (valid for 48 hours; also for foreign guests without an Austrian e-card)
- Self-test under supervision in the municipalities (valid for 48 hours; also for foreign guests without an Austrian e-card)
- Self-tests and living room tests with QR code or official registration (valid for 24 hours; attention: this test does not apply to border crossings) - Austrian guests, including those from other federal states, can bring these tests with them from home and also use them on vacation. They apply throughout Austria.
- Please note: rapid antigen tests in pharmacies are only available for Austrians with an e-card (valid for 48 hours)
- Point of sale tests are an "emergency solution" for companies to test guests who cannot show a negative COVID-19 test (valid only in this one company)
6 free test centers
- Kongresshaus: daily 8:00 -12: 30 & 13:00 16:45.
- Hospital: Mon-Fri: 6-7: 45 a.m. and 4-7: 45 p.m., Sat. + Sun .: 9:00 – 14:45
- Rathaus (Pfarrgasse 11, 2nd courtyard): Mon, Wed, Fri from 10:00 to 13:00. and 17:00 to 19:00, registration information will follow.
- Spa pharmacy , Tel. 0800-220 330
- Marien-Apotheke , Tel. +43 (0) 6132 26 929
- Esplanande pharmacy : +43 (0) 06132 234270
- Registration for free testing at:
Telephone: 0800-220 330 ( 7 a.m.-10 p.m.)
- You will receive the test result after approx. 25-30 minutes.
Without registration, there may be waiting times.
Trinkhalle Bad Ischl
Corona Test Station
4820 Bad Ischl
Phone: +43 (0) 732-7720-0
Impfhotline: 0800-555 621
- Trinkhalle Bad IschL
Corona Test Station
Monday - Saturday
08:00 - 17:00 hrs.
Sunday and Holiday closed.
- Subject to changes!
Due to the current situation, changes can occur at any time.
We look forward to your visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut and wish you a relaxing and restful holiday. See you in the heart of Austria.
Your editorial team.
“Spirit of Salt“
ith the visitor center, the salt mine Hallstatt will also implement a large-scale project in 2016 following the Bronze Age cinema. The newly built building at the valley station of the cable car in Hallstatt offers covered space for guests, an information foyer as well as a bus driver's lounge. Visitors are welcomed with pictures, photographs, as well as information from the miners' world. The "Window in the Roman Period" shows a representation of the excavations on the site. Guided tours and offers as well as free WIFI access are available daily until 10pm.
The flagship store offers year-round a wide assortment of souvenirs and salt products such as the natural salt line of the Salinen Austria "Spirit of Salt"
Bad Weather Alternatives
Even if the sun decides to take a break or the weather god is in a bad mood, there’s no reason that your holiday plans should fall through. The many attractive free-time activities of the UNESCO World Heritage Region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut ensure a diverse program even on rainy days. Experience our ancient mining tunnels and mystical caves, grand spa facilities, interesting exhibitions and historical churches. There’s an event no matter the weather! Even on ‘dreary days’, a holiday on Lake Hallstatt is always bright!