It doesn’t get any better!
The magnificent landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut, high above the Goisern valley – a gift from God. The team of Hütteneckalm provides everything else: With passion, heart and soul, fresh delicacies and a well-stocked drinks list, one of the most beautiful places in the Salzkammergut, whatever the time of year! Especially in the summer months, the Hütteneckalm in Bad Goisern is ideal for mountain explorers and family excursions.
When nature lovers are out and about and the hunger strikes, they need look no further! Pamper your soul with an incredible view of the beautiful landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut, while the Hütteneckalm team take care of your creature comforts. It doesn’t get any better!
And while the parents chill out on the cosy panoramic terrace the kids can let off steam: Petting animals or ‘conquering the world’ in our large playground. A piece of “Heidi from the Alps”. What more could children want! Even on chilly winter days there is always something going on Hütteneckalm. Snow shoe hikers like to meet here to warm up with a good cup of coffee or hearty Jagatee.
Tips: Hiking in autumn
Autumn is here! Hooray! The most beautiful hiking season of the year! However, there are a few things you should keep in mind when hiking, especially at this time of year.
- Plan tours properly.
- Start early. Especially for high alpine hikes.
- Attention: It gets dark early!
- If you are staying overnight in a hut, register in good time by telephone.
- Do not miss the last cable car ride down the mountain when on mountain tours.
- Information on the current operating times of the cable cars in connection with a hike can be found below under "Information at a Glance".
- Check snow conditions. Because at this time of the year the first snow can already fall in the high mountains.
- We have summarised further important safety tips below.
- We wish you an unforgettable hiking autumn in the Salzkammergut.
Your editorial team
Safety Tips for Hikers
Admittedly, the landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut is the absolute pinnacle for hiking fans, mountain enthusiasts and nature lovers—unforgettable tours to incredibly beautiful mountain lodges and meadows, panorama views as far as the eye can see and cherished moments that will last a lifetime! However, you should remember that while hiking you might find yourself in high-alpine terrain. We’ve put together some resources to assist you: how to best prepare for your tour, recommended items for your backpack and steps to take in an emergency situation. Remember to always play it safe and enjoy your hiking adventure in the Salzkammergut!