Holiday apartment Kerschbaumer
Comfort and best facilities in a dream location, centrally located in the World Heritage village of Hallstatt, with stunning views of the lake, mountains and historic Hallstatt.
Your Offers From 3. June To 5. June Change travelling data
In the middle of the World Heritage Hallstatt
Apartment 148: directly at the lake and in the heart of all World Heritage sites!
The Apartment 148
You'll enter the house directly from “Seestraße” via one of Hallstatt's typical stairs. Your balcony offers an astonishing view of the imposingly beautiful panorma: the Lake of Hallstatt and the surrounding high mountains.
The cosy, comfortable furnished apartment can accommodate up to 4 people. It has two twin-bedded rooms, a spacious eat-in-kitchen with a dining table and a cosy sofa to read or to watch TV – many international TV channels and radio stations in different languages can be received!
The kitchen is fully equipped and includes a refrigerator with freezer, an oven including a ceramic hob, a microwave, a drip coffee-maker as well as a coffee-pads-machine, a toaster, a kettle and a dishwasher. There is a safe for your valuables.
The modern bathroom has a separate toilet. Towels and a hair-dryer are available. There is a washing-machine on demand.
Free use of Wireless Internet!
Experience Hallstatt from the front row:
All World Heritage attractions within walking distance
- The picturesque “Marktplatz” (market square) with its town houses;
- The Catholic parish church with the High Altar of Saint Mary, late Gothic anels from the beginning of the 15th century;
The famous ossuary with over 600 bleached and decorated skulls of deceased Hallstatt citizens;
- The Hallstatt Museum with its impressive collection of objects from Hallstatt's eventful history dating back to the Hallstatt culture;
- The landing stages of Lake Hallstatt shipping, from which you can make unforgettable trips across the lake;
- The district of Echern, in which you will experience a wildly romantic, natural and high alpine spectacle of nature with roaring brooks and waterfalls in the midst of steeply rising rock faces on well-maintained and marked hiking trails;
- The valley station of the Hallstatt Salzberg cable car, which takes you up to the Rudolfsturm with its lookout bridge and the "Skywalk" viewing platform floating above the abyss, from which you can enjoy the "World Heritage View" of Hallstatt, over Lake Hallstatt and onto the mountains of the Dachstein Massif.
- The show mine of the Salzwelten Hallstatt, reachable from the mountain station of the Salzberg cable car. Here you will experience a fascinating tour through underground mountain worlds, tunnels and caverns.
Further attractions in the surroundings
- Mountain experience Dachstein-Krippenstein: Just a few minutes by car to the valley station of the Dachstein-Krippenstein cable car in Obertraun. The panoramic cable car takes you up to the entrances of the Dachstein's impressive cave systems, the world-famous Dachstein Ice Cave and the huge Mammoth Cave. Just a few steps from the mountain station you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view (World Natural Heritage view) over and the Dachstein plateau and the peaks of the Dachstein massif. After a short walk you reach the spectacular viewing platform "5fingers", from which you can enjoy a breath-taking view of Lake Hallstatt and the Salzkammergut with its wild mountain landscape, floating above the abyss.
- Sport in the Salzkammergut: The Salzkammergut with its valleys, mountains and lakes also invites you to wonderful cycling and mountain biking adventures as well as hikes and climbing tours and offers numerous opportunities for skiing and snowboarding experiences in winter. The scenically impressive "Freesports Arena Dachstein-Krippenstein" enjoys great popularity with both on & off piste lovers and freeriders.
- Imperial City of Bad Ischl: In less than 30 minutes away from Hallstatt you can reach the imperial city of Bad Ischl with its historic city centre, the Imperial Villa, the world-famous Zauner pastry shop and the salt thermal spa.
- The "Weiße Rössl am Wolfgangsee“: 45 minutes away from Hallstatt you can reach the village of St. Wolfgang at the idyllic Lake Wolfgang. Directly at the lake stands the famous hotel "Weißes Rössl”. Here is where the composer Ralph Benatzky set his musical comedy "Im weißen Rössl”. The hotel also served as a backdrop for numerous feature films. The "Schafbergbahn”, a cogwheel railway, takes you up to the 1782 meter high Schafberg. From here you can enjoy a wonderful panoramic view of the Salzkammergut lakes Lake Wolfgangsee, Attersee, Mondsee and Fuschlsee.
Salzburg & Linz
- Mozart City Salzburg: And in just over an hour you can reach Salzburg, the birthplace of the great Austrian composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the "City of Mozart". Getreidegasse, Mozart's birthplace, cathedral, Residenzplatz, Hohensalzburg, the castles of Mirabell and Hellbrunn, Festspielhaus - just a few of the many world-famous sights. Year after year, the Salzburg Festival captivates many thousands of music fans from all over the world. Particularly popular are the annual performances of the "Everyman" on the cathedral square.
- Steel and cultural city of Linz: Also Linz "Steel City", a cultural metropolis and Upper Austrian capital on the Danube with Lentos, Brucknerhaus and Ars Electronica Centre, is less than two hours from Hallstatt.
Wonderful excursions, fascinating landscapes, world-famous sights, down-to-earth people, variety and relaxation in sports and exercise, cultural and culinary highlights – you can experience all this in summer and winter from our apartment in the middle of the World Heritage town of Hallstatt.
- By the lake
- Pets not permitted
- Number of apartments: 1
- Non-smoking host
- Internet usage possible
- Baby chair
- Comfortable ambience
- Baby cot
- washing machine in the house
- Room with Balcony
- Ski and winter sports
- Historical building
Conditions / Extras
“Private Holidays” around Lake Hallstatt
“Private Holidays” around Lake Hallstatt and Lake Gosau in Austria offers the perfect private accommodation for your stay in the Cultural Landscape UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut. Be it a room, an apartment or a whole house – a warm welcome and friendly service are guaranteed!