Car Parking in Hallstatt
Parking Garage Parking Place Bus Terminal Top Sights
There are two ways to enter the village, both have large sign posts informing you where the 3 large parking areas are with a large electronic display lit up showing you how many spots are still available.
This system is constantly updated to help you find an available spot.
All parking lots are equipped with fully automatic systems at the barriers. All you need to do is press the button "Parking ticket" and remove the card. Find yourself an available spot and enjoy your time in Hallstatt.
When you return to the car park, head first of all to the car park machine, insert your ticket into the slot provided on the left side of the machine. The amount due will appear on the display. If you wish to pay in cash, use the slot on the right hand side of the machine to pay, it accepts both coins and notes. It will also give you change if you don’t have the exact amount displayed.
The machine also accepts MasterCard, Visa or Maestro. In this case, after inserting the ticket in the slot provided on the left side, you then insert your credit or debit card in the slot provided. The amount due will be charged automatically to your card.
Remove the paid parking ticket from the machine and drive your vehicle to the exit of the parking lot. At the departure gate, just insert the ticket in the slot provided for this purpose and the barrier will lift.
- 15 minutes free
- 15 minutes to 1 hour 3,00 Euro
- 1 hour to 2 hours 5,00 Euro
- 2 hours to 3 hours 7,00 Euro
- 3 hours to 12 hours 8,00 Euro
- 12 hours to 24 hours 0,50 Euro / per hour
Parking for overnights guest
This only applies to guests who have booked accommodation in the village centre without parking facilities. Guests with rooms booked outside the village centre are able to park in the area of their accommodation.
Individual guests arriving by car with rooms booked in the village centre should head for the parking area P1. Your car can remain there for the duration of your stay. A shuttle bus will transport you and your luggage to and from the hotel.
- Follow the signs to car park P1.
- At P1 entrance press the button "Hotelticket"
- Take the ticket and enter the car park. Park your car in an empty parking lot.
- Go to the "Hotel-Shuttle Info-Point", which is nearby the entrance.
- Notify the parking attendant of your arrival and where exactly you have booked aroom.
- In case the Info-Point is not manned, use the intercom to announce your arrival. The shuttle will pick you up within minutes.
- The shuttle will take you and your baggage to your accommodation.
- On departure the shuttle will pick you up again and take you back to P1. Ask your landlord for a detailed schedule.
- Whenever you leave P1, insert your "Hotelticket" into the pay machine.
- The pay machine will charge 24 hours. After you have paid, you are allowed to enter and leave the car park as often as you want.
- For day 1-3 the pay machine charges € 9,00 for 24 hours, for days 4-7 € 6,00 for 24hours, from day 8 to your departure the charge is € 4,00 for 24 hours.
Please note for your departure date:
The shuttle bus from the village centre to P1 runs at 09:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am, 10:30am, 11:00 am and 11:30 am. If you require the shuttle at times other than the above please ask at your hotel reception to reserve it in advance.
At the parking ticket machines you can pay with coins and notes, as well as with MasterCard, Visa and Maestro.
We wish you a pleasant stay in Hallstatt!
Information at a glance
- PEB GmbH
Parkplatz Errichtung und Betrieb